Raising money for worthwhile causes is an important part of Kiwanis. Our club distributes all funds raised back into the community in several different ways.
1) Service Leadership Programs - We support our SLPs by helping fund their initiatives and their attendance at leadership development conventions and events.
2) Materials for Service Projects - Club members enjoy hands-on service projects and we use funds to cover costs of materials used in those projects.
3) Local and World-Wide Kiwanis Initiatives - We provide donations to the Kiwanis International Foundation and Capital District Foundation to support causes such as eliminating maternal/neonatal tetanus.
4) Charitable Donations - We have been able to provide donations to various organizations that operate locally, such as the Ronald McDonald House of Northern Virginia and Our Daily Bread's holiday sponsor-a-family program.
Support Our Fundraisers
Our club has a number of fundraisers that you can choose to support and help us better our community:
1) Special Fundraising Events
As we've done for several years, our members plan to staff a concession stand at the upcoming Quicken Loans Golf Tournament in June, with a percentage of sales going to the club's service fund. Other special fundraising events vary each year.
2) Ongoing Online Fundraisers
At no additional cost or hassle, you can purchase gift cards, shop online, and purchase/renew magazines to have a percentage of sales distributed to the Kiwanis Club of Tysons. Here's how:
If you have any questions about our fundraisers, feel free to contact our fundraising director, Jeffrey Wolff, at email@example.com.